Friday, December 31, 2010

BeingGARIFUNA blog has moved to beinggarifuna.com

Readers of the BeingGARIFUNA blog may have noticed that they haven’t seen regular blog posts from BeingGARIFUNA.  Well, there has been a reason for the small hiatus.

I (Tio Teo) have been in the process of moving the BeingGARIFUNA blog for some time now, and was finally able to finish it up yesterday.  While there are some loose ends I need to tie up technically, website-wise, I was mostly able to do it.

This blog started on the wordpress.com platform and I have officially moved it over to the beinggarifuna.com domain Same blog (for the most part) except now it is 100% under the beinggarifuna.com URL.
A special Seremein (“Thank You” in Garifuna) goes to all the readers who have subscribed to this blog on wordpress.com  Your sustained readership (and engagement with me by way of comments under posts, emails, notes on Facebook, etc) has meant the world to me and I hope I haven’t disappointed you all in my role as an INDEPENDENT chronicler of Garifuna news in the United States and in the world. Hopefully you all will be able to continue to follow BeingGARIFUNA.


Due to the move to beinggarifuna.com, things will change slightly.  I have to figure out how to set things up so that interested people can keep being updated on new posts.  Most likely I will set up an RSS feed.  Stay tuned, for I will figure it out soon.  Keep in mind that I am learning website development as I go along, so there will be many bumps, bruises and hiccups along the way.

Why the move?  It was time.  Also, as I have developed the Being Garifuna blog, it became obvious to me that expansion was necessary as the blog continued to grow and attract readers from all over the world.  Now, in addition to a blog, it’s expanded to a full website, where there will be one section for news (the Being Garifuna blog) where readers can leave comments if they like and other sections for essays, articles, etc that will serve more as a resource of information on all aspects of Garifuna culture, life, etc.

Happy Holidays to all and I wish you all the best in 2011 as the Garifuna community strives for bigger and better things in the United States, Central America and the Caribbean.  Happy New Year!  Happy 2011!  See you at the Being Garifuna website!

BeingGARIFUNA Blog has moved to Beinggarifuna.com
Copyright 2010 by Teofilo Colon Jr  (a.k.a. “Tio Teo”)
New York City —